Hi all,

please find at

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~bozzi/MCtests/MCtest_bchlpt.html

the results of further studies on MC based on the 3 fitting algorithms
we have been using and discussing so far, and on some subsamples
(charged/neutral B, electrons/muons).

The summary is that the method where we apply a flat correction for the
peaking backgrond is badly biased and prone to fluctuations. The one
where bin-by-bin corrections (in mx or P+) are applied is bias-free and
very stable. The approach where all (data and MC) mES distributions are
fit is almost unbiased although there are some fluctuations here and
there.

We propose that we drop the approach with the flat correction and
concentrate on the other two. The "fit all" approach has a bigger MC
stats error than the "correct all" approach, but the latter suffers from
the systematics due to the peaking background knowledge. The overall
uncertainties are comparable.

We will now start to switch on the various corrections, and use both
approaches. One of them will be our default, the other will be used as a
cross-check.

Cheers, Antonio and Concezio.