________________________________

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Popescu, Razvan
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 11:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Usatlas-grid-l] F&O meeting notes 5/23

Production:

-          All well

-          NEED ALL THE CPU WE CAN HAVE!!!!  PLEASE ASSIGN MORE CPU TO PANDA, IF POSSIBLE.

-          Uberftp issues - not performing as well as FTS - not sending proper err codes. Will need to leverage as many USATLAS resources as possible until the quirks are worked out.

Data Management:

-          syslog collection depends on the tail&logger processes. Need to make sure those are alive.

-          Will try a new syslog-ng (VDT). After testing we could use it everywhere (its availability within VDT will ease up deployment)

-          Need to make sure we include content from FTS and DQ2 logs.

Tier2&3 Workshop @ Indiana:

-          So far only 29 people appear to have registered. Please hurry up!!!!!  The hotel special rates have expired and even room availability may become questionable.

-          SLAC, BNL ... very few registrants; is it final...? Please make arrangements soon. Contact Fred (ASAP) regarding room availability (see note below):

Hi Everyone,

   The conference hotel for the US ATLAS Tier 2 and Tier 3 meeting is filling up. If you are planning to come to the meeting, please call and reserve your room as soon as possible - we are already past the official deadline to receive the conference rates. The details can be on the conference web site:

http://www.mwt2.org/t2conf/index.html

If you have difficulty making a hotel reservation please contact me.

   Thanks greatly.

                                       Fred

--

Fred Luehring Indiana U. HEP mailto:[log in to unmask]  1-812-855-1025 IU http://cern.ch/Fred.Luehring mailto:[log in to unmask] 41-22-767-1172 CERN

-          Agenda: 1st draft, this afternoon

-          T3 day: What is a Tier3 center?

-          Workshop - Production troubleshooting - In preparation. Will include live demo session.

Networking meeting @ FNAL July 15-19:

-          Consider attending.

Site updates:

-          MW: Inconsistencies between LRC and real storage. How to re-synchronize? CheckSE verifies only LFN and PFN (not real data on SE). Patrick, Wensheng HELP!

-          GL: All well. Outage on Fri 9:00am for most of the day.

-          SW: OU - all well. UTA - OK since power was restored.

-          SLAC: OK; mid-June new CPU. Requested an increase of the ATLAS share (by a factor of two!) - will see the result (depends on workload from other groups). Thanks!!!!!

OSG 0.6 deployement:

-          So far OK. Used at (least at): UTA, GL, BNL - so far so good! Accounting is a strong motivator.

-          We should discuss site's experience w/ v0.6 during the next meeting. Please prepare.

Thanks,