Ciao Concezio,

> All variables look reasonably similar (could you please double check
> this as well?) apart from wdeltam, i.e. the missing mass squared for the
> partial D*+ reconstruction, see e.g. p.12, left plots of Michaels'
> presentation and left plots of p.26 of BAD1383. In release 18 the
> distributions for both enriched and depleted samples extend to lower
> values wrt release 14 and the shapes are quite different. Has anyone
> seen this effect yet?

that may be a trick of the x scale: they are quite different. I reproduced the
plot, overlapping the wdeltam distributions for R18 and R14, SL cuts on Run3
generic MC: you can find it in http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~sacco/plots/wdeltam.gif
where the crosses are R18. They look quite similar, although there are
discrepancies near zero. The number of rejected events with a cut at -3 is 32.1%
for R18 and 30.1% for R14.

All the best,

Roberto