Hi all,

discussing yesteday's post, Roberto noticed that the fit was not
sensible to mm2 cut, since varying the upper limit on mm2, the results
were identical.
I have investigated this today and discovered a small bug in VVF.

The behavior was that even if we didn't specify to cut on Emiss-Pmiss
instead of mm2 in the definition of All Cut selection (this is possible
using -empm flag in subVirFit.pl), the variable Emiss-Pmiss was actually
picked up to make the All Cut selection.

I have fixed this and submitted jobs for the three analyses (cut on mm2).

As VVF jobs complete I update tables posted in
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~petrella/datafit/data.html
(old results are still available at
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~petrella/datafit/data_empm.html)

So far only mx analysis has completed.

There are encouraging changes since the BRBR values are not so spread,
ranging now from 0.0209 for Run 4 to 0.0298 for run 3, where we had
0.0114 for Run 4 up to 0.0333 for Run1-2.

Looking at the final mx fit plot, I can see that the vub/vcb ratios in
the signal region (Mx<1.55) change too:

Run1-2 (mm2) ~1   Run1-2 (emiss-pmiss) ~ 0.83
Run3 (mm2) ~ 1.3  Run3 (emiss-pmiss) ~ 0.5
Run4 (mm2) ~ 0.9  Run4 (emiss-pmiss) ~ 0.25
Run5 (mm2) ~ 0.9  Run5 (emiss-pmiss) ~ 0.45

ciao,
  Antonio