Hi, Andy

thanks for the fix. But I think a new directory is missing:

The config/GNUmakefile.in holds some lines about a XrdPss target:
137a138,142
 XrdPss: FORCE
       @echo $(XMSG) oss $(XDBG) component...
       $(ECHO)cd src/XrdPss;\
       $(MAKE) $(MAKEXEQ) ARCH=$(ARCH) --no-print-directory

Could you check these in?

A further question:  Is my choice of shire05.slac.stanford.edu as a reference
build system ok, or should I use another host at slac? What compiler
environment should I use?

I think I can make an improved build structure for the autobuild. Also I have
begun writing the beginning of some test scripts, which will make some basic
functionality tests upon "make check" (start up a daemon, copy files, then
try more difficult configurations where the modules get loaded). This may be
a help to the maintainer/distributor, since in autotools you can use the
special target "make distcheck", which will generate a distribution tarball,
test building in a sandbox area, test compliance with DESTDIR for package
generators like RPM, and finally run the tests.

Cheers,
Derek