Hi Derek,

  I was just checking the compilation on shire01, and everything was
fine, except for the missing XrdPss.

  Personally, I don't consider one Solaris machine more important as
another as a "reference build system". I just try to compile in more
than one from time to time.

  Fabrizio

Derek Feichtinger wrote:
> Hi, Andy
>
> thanks for the fix. But I think a new directory is missing:
>
> The config/GNUmakefile.in holds some lines about a XrdPss target:
> 137a138,142
>  XrdPss: FORCE
>        @echo $(XMSG) oss $(XDBG) component...
>        $(ECHO)cd src/XrdPss;\
>        $(MAKE) $(MAKEXEQ) ARCH=$(ARCH) --no-print-directory
>
> Could you check these in?
>
> A further question:  Is my choice of shire05.slac.stanford.edu as a reference
> build system ok, or should I use another host at slac? What compiler
> environment should I use?
>
> I think I can make an improved build structure for the autobuild. Also I have
> begun writing the beginning of some test scripts, which will make some basic
> functionality tests upon "make check" (start up a daemon, copy files, then
> try more difficult configurations where the modules get loaded). This may be
> a help to the maintainer/distributor, since in autotools you can use the
> special target "make distcheck", which will generate a distribution tarball,
> test building in a sandbox area, test compliance with DESTDIR for package
> generators like RPM, and finally run the tests.
>
> Cheers,
> Derek
>

> On Wednesday 30 May 2007 23:32, Andrew Hanushevsky wrote:
>> I have a patch for the problem below. I needed to fix it as well. I wiull
>> commit momentarily.
>>
>> Andy
>>
>>> The newer compiler (2) has a different problem
>>>
>>> Compiling XrdClientMessage.cc
>>> "XrdClientMessage.cc", line 87: Error: The function "posix_memalign" must
>>> have
>>> a prototype.
>>> 1 Error(s) detected.
>>> gmake[4]: *** [../../obj/sun4x_58/XrdClientMessage.o] Error 1
>>> gmake[3]: *** [SunOSall] Error 2
>>> gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2