Hello,

I'm currently writing a client GUI for xrootd. The basics are working
with a xrootd server, that does not require user authentification. Now I
want to implement authentification, but failed at the time, when first
connecting to the server. The library asks for a password on the
commandline, which in a GUI is not visible. Looking at the code, I think
something is wrong documented, as the request for the password comes
during the XrdClientAdmin->Connect() call, which following the
documentation in the code, is not doing login/authorization.

So here are some questions:

1) Is there a way to find out, whether a server requires authorization,
besides a failing connection?

2) How to do authorization not using the automatic detection in the
XrdClientConn class?

3) How to set username and password for the used protocol then? I did
not find any functions for that in XrdSec.

Hope someone can help me.

Cheers Joern