DQ2 and Production

The central DQ2 server at CERN is offline due to upgrade to DQ2 0.3. This is a major upgrade. It hasn't finished and will likely last to tomorrow Wednesday. Tier 2 sites will also need to upgrade to DQ2 0.3 soon. As a result of this, ATLAS Panda systems is idle.

Tier 2 hardware

Most of the batch nodes (the boer cluster) are in service. A few of them have hardware problems. We actually ran some successful jobs on the boers on Monday.

AOB

On a bus to Bloomington, Wei met Shawn Mckee of U Mich. Shawn mentioned that SLAC is part of TeraPath project (WAN QoS?), and he wonders if there is news from SLAC. The hope is to have all US ATLAS sites participate this project.

--
Wei Yang  |  [log in to unmask]  |  650-926-3338(O)