  As usual, I'm not at all sure that I can make this meeting (it
overlaps with one of the physics meetings I regularly attend). But, I
thought I'd add my two cents worth.

  SLAC may already have a great deal of experience at this -- but we
found that testing modern dual-head 4 core (i.e. total 8 core) machines
took longer than normal. We had to tweak some Linux OS parameters in
order to really get the machine to run properly. A caveat in this is
that we are using this as a DAQ machine and so we use shared memory to
move data round, and most of what we did had to do with that. But,
none-the-less, I would allow for a longer-than-expected testing time if
SLAC hasn't already had some experience with these 8 core CPUs.

  I don't know about you guys -- but it is seems to me that at the rate
we are adding cores to pizza boxes our usage model is going to break
down (i.e. one core, one job). It seems at the straining point right
now.

	Cheers,
		Gordon.