You might want to add a few numbers :

 I mean that it might be worse mentionning that in heavy flavour jets events for a sample
of 10000 e+e- --> to heavy flavour jets,  ~68000 particles are produced.

 Of those 68000 particles 73% are low momenta particles, with a momentum below 3 GeV.

 For the 28% particles with higher momenta, half ot them stil have a momentuml below 10 GeV. Therefore low energy test beams are important.
 This trend toward lower momenta particles tend to be even stronger for softer jets from
 light quarks.
(details can be found on JINST-SISSA-p1003-October06- table 3, page 7,
 http://www.iop.org/EJ/toc/1748-0221/1/10)

 However, for part of the physics study beyond the standard model, e.g. involving
sleptons, the containment and accurate measurement of the high momenta particles is
required as well. Test beams for high momenta particles are therefore important too
during detector prototyping.( see SnowMass 2005- talk by Ayres Freitas at the Muon
Id session)

Caroline Milstene
FermiLab
MS 231                          Tel 630-840-5414
P.O.Box 500
Batavia-Il-60510
e-mail:[log in to unmask]