Thank you Glenn and Thanh for organizing everything.

...the red card rule seems odd!! ...wouldn't it promote take downs??
Vahid

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Scheitrum, Glenn P.
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 10:51 AM
To: slac-soccer-l; klystron-soccer; Miahnahri, Alireza (Alan);
Mastorides, Themistoklis
Cc: Ly, Thanh Ky
Subject: Annual SLAC vs SLAC-summer-institute soccer game

Attention all SLAC Soccer players. The annual SLAC vs
SLAC-Summer-Institute soccer game is scheduled for next Wednesday,
August 8th at 6PM on the Stanford IM South fields at the intersection of
El Camino and Churchill.

This is our annual friendly full-field soccer game with full size goals
and referee in which the youth and enthusiasm of the SLAC Summer
Institute is pitted against the old age and experience of the SLAC
soccer club. All participants in both the lunchtime soccer games at SLAC
and the SLAC Soccer Club games at the Sand Hill Intramural Fields are
welcome to play. We usually get 20 to 30 players for the SLAC side so
please scale your expected playing time accordingly.

The SLAC-Summer-Institute sometimes has excess players and sometimes
comes up short and we then augment their side to make it a competitive
game.

The timing precludes a post game barbecue but beverages of your choice
may be brought and shared with your fellow competitors after the game.

Last year everything was in place when we got to the field but I would
like some of you to show up at 5:30 just in case we need to move the
goals or mark the playing field.

Since the SLAC Summer Institute sessions usually end around 5:30, they
will not be getting to the field until 6 or 6:15. Game start time is
usually 6:30 and we play two 45 minute halves and a 10 minute halftime
break.

In order to prevent injuries and altercations, the game is refereed. I'm
still looking for a volunteer to do all or half the game as I've done it
for the past three or four years and would like to share the fun. We
also need assistant referees to man the sidelines and keep track of
offside infractions and throw ins.

If you get a yellow card you are required to substitute out until the
next stoppage of play. On the SLAC side that means until everyone has
gotten a turn on the field. If you get a red card, you can start on the
beverages earlier than your fellow teammates. Cards will be issued for
behavior that may lead to an injury, please treat your fellow players as
though they were all as old and fragile as Sauro or Traller.

When you see Thanh Ly at SLAC, please thank her for setting up the field
reservation and taking care of the logistics for the Summer Institute
players.

Come on out and see if you can hit a goal that is roughly ten times
bigger than the ones we usually play with.

If you know of any regulars that might not receive this email, please
either forward it to them or tell them when you see them.

Glenn

PS If you have any questions please send them to me or Thanh.