Attendees: Chuck, John Bartelt, Booker, Randy, Wei, Richard

Production:
==========

We are now running DQ2 and PandaMover in parallel. PandaMover is a new
mechanism for data transferring by Panda jobs. PandaMover needs write
access to local replica catalog's (LRC) web interface and we use a well
maintained Apache proxy as its frond end. PandaMover doesn't solve the
problem of staging data from BNL tape to BNL disk, so production is
still not in good shape.

We are reporting our accounting data to Gratia and WLCG. Michael Ernst
will extract last year's usage (9/2006 - 9/2007) directly from Panda
logs. From Oct. onward, WLCG will get usage data from Gratia.

Hardware:
========

Current schedule is still January. Hope to combine ATLAS purchasing with
others to make it a bigger one.

AOB:
===

1) Michael would like SLAC to serve as a test site for security related
issue because most of issues are raised by SLAC. Wei had agreed to work
on the first of such issues, the GSI based authentication of LRC web
interface for PandaMover.

We should also be careful not to over commit ourselves giving our
limited resource as a Tier 2.

All parties think that it is necessary to have security people engaged
at planning and development stage.It would be good to provide a short
description when planning to develop new softwares, and circle around
for comments at early stage.

2) Tier 2 workshop in November. We are in touch with Office of
Communication for logistic related issues. Have just filled out some
paperwork. Estimates $75 for registration (and $100 for late
registration). OoC will help setup online payment account and URL.

Also are working with InfoMedia group for an official web page for the
workshop. The target date is mid-Oct (InfoMedia is busy on other
important things at the Lab, mostly from the director's office).

Wei Yang  |  [log in to unmask]  |  650-926-3338(O)