Hi Chris,

Brew, CAJ (Chris) wrote:
> Hi Fabrizio,
>
> There's no other errors in the xroot log.
>
> The server does not appear heavy, though there may well be congestion at
> the switch level at the moment.
>
> The servers are still running a quite (read very) old version of the
> xrootd server software but the client I tried first was one from March
> this year but then I switched to the same release as the server incase
> the cause was a protocol mismatch. Could the timeouts be on the server
> side if it's running an old version?

  I am not aware of past troubles with that, nor with protocol
mismatches. Asking you to enable the xrdcp debug level seems overkill,
since you are experiencing this problem quite rarely. Just a question,
does it happen in specific positions on the file (i.e. near the start or
the end) or is it completely in random moments?

Fabrizio