Another basic question,

I have a prototype system running with two dataservers, one redirector
and one client machine.  The system operates on one name space (/xrd).

I can use xrdcp to copy files from the client to the dataservers via the
redirector as expected:

[client] $ xrdcp /tmp/testfile root://redirector//xrd/testfileNNNN

I also see the expected load balancing where the destination dataserver
alternates between invocations (when varying NNN).

The next test is understanding how our production system can use the
namespace.  The first issue will be creating subdirectories in the
namespace. I need a command line directory creation command (or script).
Is it possible to use xrd for this?  I didn't see very much
documentation for this command.
I may also need to allow gridftp to create directories.  Is this
possible by using a preload library?

Can I create a subdirectory via the redirector using the xrd command?
This fails on my system, but I can create a directory if I first connect
to a dataserver.

Is it sane to create multiple instances of a subdirectory on multiple
data servers?  Will this allow for load balancing?

Thanks for any help,

Patrick