Hi all,

I'm trying to back our grid and Alice xrootd cache (~200TB)
with gStore, our local mass storage system at GSI.
Staging from gStore, if files are not in xrootd cache,
works fine so far,
however, migration to gStore does not work at all.

I'm testing with a file server looking as follows:
2 file systems: /data1, /data2
name space file system (links) in /data1
top migratable path /data1/gstore
data file systems in /data1/cache, /data2/cache

relevant configuration parameters:
---------------------------------
oss.localroot /data1
oss.cache public /data1/cache
oss.cache public /data2/cache
olb.path w /scratch
olb.path ws /gstore
oss.path /scratch nomig
oss.path /gstore mig rcreate nodread
oss.nocheck
oss.nodread

mps.scan /data1/gstore
mps.basedir /data1/gstore
mps.mssdir /gstore

For migration, mps_MigrPurg is started with options
-M -c conffile -l logfile

In some rare, but not reproducible cases migration
takes place if new files appear in a special path!!!
(e.g. /data1/gstore/lmdv/diskn).
Migration never takes place e.g. from
/data1/gstore/goeri/lmdv/diskn!!!!

Is there something fundamental missing?