Since the topic of restructuring the build process is being discussed, I
have an observation on the RPMs (binary or source) from the production
version.

We need to use libXrdPosixPreload.so for our application, but the file
is not in the released binary RPM, nor does a rebuild on the source rpm
put it in the resulting binary RPM.  I found a number of components that
are built during make, but are not put in the RPM:

lib/libXrdClient.so
lib/libXrdPosixPreload.so
lib/libXrdProxy.so

utils/xrdcksum
utils/xrdm5sum

I can create my own spec file to include these items, but I am curious
if there is a specific reason why these are not included?  The RPM's
also contain/build the debug version.  Is there enough of a performance
difference to warrant turning off the the debug build?

Thanks,

Patrick