Dear Colleagues,

SiD will go ahead with its Workshop at SLAC on January 28-30, 2008. These are rocky times for the ILC, so it's important that we convene to discuss our progress and plans. We hope you can come. Everyone participating in SiD, and those interested in joining and learning more about SiD are welcome to attend. Please mark your calendars, and see:   http://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/x/HwAr
We'll try to arrange for webex coverage of the meeting for those unable to travel to SLAC.

Time is short, so we urge everyone who plans to attend the SLAC meeting to register on the website above, finalize travel plans, and reserve accommodations as soon as possible. The Guest House at SLAC is very convenient for participants, as long as rooms last.

Given the recent events, our focus at the meeting will change somewhat. We plan to hear and discuss how and on what time scale the ILC will progress, reassess SiD's resources and plans for developing an updated and benchmarked conceptual design, and plan how best to move the SiD Concept forward. We'll also review progress on global detector parameter optimization and the readiness for track reconstruction and PFA codes, and check the status of benchmarking analyses. Progress on subsystem R&D and engineering will also be discussed.

The meeting proper will run Monday through Wednesday, January 28-30, 2008. A detailed agenda will be forthcoming.

Hoping to see you at SLAC in January,

Harry Weerts and John Jaros
for the SiD Collaboration

P.S.Apologies for the multiple mailings.