Guy Lohman wrote:

> Jacek & KT --
>
> I'd be interested in participating in the workshop as a database
> researcher who used to work for a scientific organization (JPL), and
> will take off my "vendor" hat ;-).  To establish my credentials, I
> attach a very old (SIGMOD 1983) paper    I wrote on the requirements on
> DBMSs posed by geophysical applications, many of which appear in
> somewhat less detail than your list.  I still have a few contacts at
> JPL, so might be able to get participation of a database-flavored
> scientist from there, if you wish.
>
> Asilomar is usually pretty heavily booked, so you may not have a lot of
> flexibility in times, but with a small group you have a better chance.
>  Currently, I cannot make 7-11 April (IEEE Intl. Conf. on Data
> Engineering Conference) or 28-30 April (IBM Academy conference on
> appliances).
>
> Best regards,
>
> Guy

Hi Guy,

Yes, I think you qualify, I also remember a comment made
by Mike or Dave during the xldb academia panel: it was
then said that you should be on the academia panel too.

This list still doesn't like big attachments, so
I put your paper in the Members Only area in xldb wiki:
https://xldb.slac.stanford.edu/download/attachments/2820097/1983+SIGMOD+Geophysical+Databasese+p146-lohman.pdf

Thanks,
Jacek