Hi all,

this is clearly a misbehaviour of the xrootd door of dCache.

Several problems with the current implementation of dCache's xrootd
server engine came up recently, which make us dCache people think about
rewriting the engine (mostly from scratch).

The most important goal of the new engine will being as compatible as
possible with XrdClient (thanks Farbrizio for the help you offered, it
is and will be very useful to improve compatibility). The engine will be
written in JAVA and be mostly decoupled from dCache. It will run
embeddeded in dCache doors as well as dCache pools, communicating with
the dCache backend via callbacks.

About PROOF: since some ATLAS guys (Munich and Brookhaven) trying to
integrate dCache with PROOF, this topic appeared on my radar and I will
certainly look into this.

Cheers,
Martin

--