Hi Pablo,

  that's very interesting, and I agree completely with your conclusion,
i.e. in most cases the lan data access is more efficient and scales
better with respect to local disk access. Many times this is not very
well understood by people, always striving to keep local files at any cost.

  It would be very interesting to have a comparison between the
performance in proof between a dcache storage and an analogous xrootd
storage, which is the default solution for that. With the same pool of
workers of course.

  From what I've understood, dcache uses a read ahead mechanism (at the
client side), while xrootd uses a scheme which is mixed with informed
async prefetching.

  Fabrizio