Hi Pablo,

first of all thanks for looking into using proof in combination with
dCache, I guess you are a pioneer in this area.

I just want to say that "read-ahead" in ROOT's DCap-client is switched
of by default for good reason, because most of the internal Tree-based
structures of ROOT use their own kind of preread-mechanism, which
interferes with the one provided by the Dcap-client. We saw this in the
past, that's why by default read-ahead is disabled.

Cheers,
Martin

--
Martin Radicke