Hi Andy,

Is there a way to to enforce a read-only rule for particular data
servers?  If this is possible, I can ensure that newly written data
avoids the systems that need to be "LVM'ed", while allowing the existing
data to be read.  I am curious if I can replicate data under this
scenario using xrdcp, or will I still have to take the read-only systems
off-line to move the data?

I am concerned about the granularity of recovery actions in our systems
under LVM, but I need to support larger pathnames now.  The pathnames
are being driven by the physics users and the use of metadata in the
path components.

Patrick