Some of our data servers have two disks and I am using the oss.cache
directive to use both disks to support a single namespace.  However, it
looks like the users of our applications have already run into a
problem.  All of the files are stored in one directory (for a single
cache) and the filename is the full namespace path with "/" substituted
with "%".  Our problem arises from the fact that full namespace path is
now limited to the leafname length of the filesystem (255 characters)
when writing to the cache directory.

I see a couple of ways to mediate the problem; removing one disk or
using and LVM to create one drive in the OS.  I am curious if there are
other alternatives?

If I have to move to one disk, I would like to migrate the data in the
existing caches to other data servers while I rework the existing
system.  What is the best way to migrate this data?  I am planning on
taking the "problem" data server off-line and use xrdcp to move the data
to the other servers.

Regards,

Patrick