Hi Alessandra,

You must have switched from a very old system to a newer one. I say that
because the "redirect" directive was phased out a couple of years ago. This
is why you can't find any documentation on online. We do keep it in the web
space we just don't have a link to it. We don't because we figured it would
be just too much information to wade through. So, ...

1) You'll find detailed information on "all.manager" in

 http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/doc/olb_config/olb_config.htm#_Toc160953407

The simplest thing is wherever you have "olb.subscribe <host> [<port>]"
replace it with

all.manager <host> [<port>]

2) You'll find detailed information on "all.role" in:

http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/doc/olb_config/olb_config.htm#_Toc160953409

The simplest thing to do in your instance:

ofs.redirect remote

replace with

all.role manager

ofs.redirect target

replace with

all.role server

In all cases, you can follow this up with an "if" on the same line. So, in
your case,  it's just a matter of replacing the directive. And, of course,
it looks like some busy work.  From another viewpoint, we had to go this
route to simplify things for more complicated environments as these new
directives imply a host of defaults that you would have had to specify. We
couldn't key them off the old directives to allow for upward compatibility.
So, we decided to give he old directives a few years of grace and hope that
people switch to the new ones. The nasty messages onbviously are helping in
that.

Andy