I got a call from Wolfgang von Rueden yesterday to see if we might be interested in participating in a booth at the Java One conference in San Francisco in early May.

It is not clear whether Sun (who have invited CERN) want a java-focused exhibit, in which case neither CERN not SLAC is likely to want to play, or an LHC-focused exhibit (OSG-LCG-Western Tier2 etc.) in which case there may be some mutual interest and benefit.

Good relations with CERN are also always a plus.

The level of effort would be to have one or two people at the Moscone Center for three days, plus any preparatory work to make sure we have, for example, a relevant OSG monitoring display.

As of now, my reading is that such an exhibit is not java enough and will be discouraged, but I thought it worth seeking initial responses to the idea.

Richard