Dear All,

I prepared an abstract for our ICHEP08 submission. It should be vague
enough to be good for a preliminary result on Run1-6 or, if we don't
make it in time for ICHEP (!), to cover what was submitted to PRL. So
basically I took the PRL abstract and stripped it of any number or
reference to specific datasets. Please let me know by tomorrow if you
agree with the phrasing and if you would like to make any changes.

We present partial branching fractions for inclusive charmless
semileptonic $B$
decays $\kern 0.18em\overline{\kern -0.18em B}{} \rightarrow X_u \ell
\bar{\nu}$,
and the determination of the CKM matrix element $|V_{ub}|$.
The analysis is based on a sample $\Upsilon{(4S)}$ decays into
$\ensuremath{B\kern 0.18em\overline{\kern -0.18em B}{}\xspace}$
pairs collected with the $\mbox{\slshape B\kern-0.1em{\smaller A}
\kern-0.1em B\kern-0.1em{\smaller A\kern-0.2em R}}$ detector at the
PEP-II $e^{+} e^{-}$ storage rings.
We select events using either the invariant mass $M_{X}$ of the
hadronic system,
the invariant mass squared, $q^{2}$, of the lepton and neutrino pair,
the kinematic variable
$P_{+}$ or one of their combinations; we then determine partial
branching fractions in limited regions of phase space.
Corresponding values of $|V_{ub}|$ are extracted using several
theoretical calculations.

All the best,

Roberto