    Hi Sergey and David,

    Are you in the position to test 5-18-00-patches and tell us if it
works better?
    The branch should have already all the fixes that we thought
necessary. If that is OK for you there
    will be no problem in tagging 5.18/00e .

    Cheers, Gerri

    PS: I can make binaries for a couple of platforms if that can help
in testing; just let me know the
           platforms/OS/compiler, i.e. which of the config strings you
use (e.g. 'slc4_ia32_gcc34').

Sergey Panitkin wrote:
> Hi Fabrizio,
>
> I would like to add to Andreas' comment about root 5.18.
> Latest production release of Atlas software- which is intended for
> data taking- is based on version 5.18. That's just the nature of long
> development cycle.
> From our point of view, a new, patched version of 5.18(e?) with xrootd
> client fixes is necessary.
>
> Cheers,
>     Sergey
>
> Fabrizio Furano wrote:
>> [bounced to xrootd-l]
>>
>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>>  yes, afaik it's fixed, and the tests performed  around report that
>> it is ok.
>>  5.18 is very old now, and I would recommend that users switch to the
>> newer releases. But I guess that Gerri can point the users of older
>> root releases to a patch for the netx package, which at least
>> contains that fix.
>>
>> Fabrizio
>>
>> Andreas Joachim Peters ha scritto:
>>> Hi Fabrizio, David found a memory leak using LHCb analysis in
>>> XrdClientReadCache which apparently was fixed recently by you.
>>> Do you have any good recipe to suppress the problem using the older
>>> root version 5.18.00? Will it help to set the ReadCacheSize to 0?
>>>
>>> Cheers Andreas.

>>> end_offs,
>>> GetTimestampTick()); fItems.Insert(itm, pos); fTotalByteCount +=