Interesting - as Dick says, chaotic systems the microscopic understanding
does not translate to a complete understanding of the macroscopic.
However, I read as you do Ray, the implication is that elementary particle
physics will not lead to an understanding of the 'universe'. Perhaps so,
but it's still worth trying to understand as much as you can with the
'reductionist approach'.

I think Anderson is a frustrated HEPhysicist.

--
Best regards,

        Frank

	Frank E. Taylor

        CERN                                      MIT
        ATLAS Collaboration                       Bldg. 26 - Rm 569
        40-2-C24 & 188-3-015                      77 Mass. Ave.
        Route de Meyrin 385, CH-1211 Geneva 23    Cambridge, MA 02139
        Switzerland                               USA
        Office: +41-22-767-1152 or -6373          Office: 617-253-7249
        FAX: +41-22-767-8350                      FAX: 617-258-6923

        CELL:  857-891-8579 (USA & Europe) CERN CELL +41 76 487 3563
        email: [log in to unmask]
        web:   http://www2.lns.mit.edu/~fet/atlas_mit.html
	haut Thoiry residence +33 45 041 7144