Dear Colleagues,

Here is an update on our planning for the SiD Meeting scheduled just prior to LCWS08:

The meeting will take place between 1-6 PM on Saturday, Nobember 15, 2008, on the UIC Campus. Everyone interested in learning more about SiD and participating in preparing the SiD LOI is welcome. Be sure to arrange your travel to arrive in time for the SiD Meeting.

We'll review progress in MC generation, reconstruction, and benchmarking studies; catch up on the latest SiD engineering designs; and discuss our progress toward writing the SiD LOI.

The preliminary agenda is here:
http://ilcagenda.linearcollider.org/sessionDisplay.py?sessionId=28&confId=2628

A website is up, and registration and agenda should be available soon. Please do register; it will help our planning to see how many are coming. See
http://silicondetector.org/display/SiD/2008/10/02/SiD+Meeting+at+LCWS08+Saturday%2C+November+15%2C2008

Apologies if this message is getting familiar. We didn't want to miss you.

Harry Weerts and John Jaros
for the SiD Concept Design Study