Hi all,

These of you considering attending XLDB3, please vote
which locations/dates work for you:

http://doodle.com/participation.html?pollId=d58bigagvndmbdik

The poll will be opened until the end of this Sunday,
December 7th.

-----

Here is the full story:

We agreed at the XLDB2 to organize the next XLDB workshop
close to VLDB'09, in Europe.

To get that going, I already put together the XLDB3
organizing committee, the members: Martin Kersten/CWI,
Dirk Duellmann/CERN, Maria Girone/CERN, Kian-Tat Lim/SLAC,
and myself.

We should quickly decide where/when to host XLDB3.
The two locations currently under consideration are:
  - CERN (Geneva/Switzerland)
  - VLDB'09 conference center (Lyon/France)

We are in touch with the VLDB'09 organizers, they would
be very happy to help us with logistics (hotel, meeting
rooms and such) if we choose to co-locate XLDB3 with VLDB.
Note that this would still be a standalone workshop,
by-invitation only, not attached to VLDB.

If we choose CERN, it is probably better to avoid weekend.
Connection between Lyon and Geneva is decent, eg it takes
1 hour 40 min via TGV (high speed train) to get to Geneva
from Lyon.

So, these of you who are considering attending XLDB3,
please vote which locations/dates work for you. You are
welcome to add any comments you might have on the poll
webpage or just send me an email, and I will compile all
input received and see what comes out.

Best regards,
Jacek

--