Dear Colleagues,

The pamphlet that Norman refered to is meant for a non-scientist audience.
Though nominally it reviews the achievements of the past decade, the tone
is more forward looking.  There are some odd choices, for example, the
complete omission of BaBar and Sloan Digital Sky Survey.  I know that
Persis Drell tried to have this document reflect more accurately the
achievements of SLAC over the past ten years, and I am sure that the
other lab directors tried similarly.  But they did not have control over
the final choices.

Anyway, enjoy!

                       Michael

   Michael E. Peskin                   |  [log in to unmask]
   Theory Group, MS 81                 |          -------
   Stanford Linear Accelerator Center  |  phone: 1-(650)-926-3250
   2575 Sand Hill Road                 |  fax:   1-(650)-926-2525
   Menlo Park, CA 94025 USA            |  www.slac.stanford.edu/~mpeskin/