Dear Colleague,

We are starting to collect names of people who would like to
support the ILD letter of intent. Please apologize if you receive this
message more than once, since we are distributing it to a number
of different mailing lists.

To signup, please read the following message:

Invitation to sign the letter of intent, LOI, for ILD,
the international Detector Concept at the ILC

The letter of intent for the ILD detector concept at the ILC
(http://www.ilcild.org) will be
delivered to ILCSC and the ILC research directorate at the end of March
2009. With this mail we are inviting you to sign up as a supporter of the
ILD detector concept. You can signup at the following WEB page:
http://www-flc.desy.de/ildloi/

Please follow the instructions on the WEB page. On this page you will also
find instructions for accessing the current draft of the letter of intent.

Everyone who is interested to work on the ILD detector concept, or who has
in the past contributed to the ILD detector concept (or one of its
precursors, GLD or LDC) is invited to sign. Signing this document does not
mean that you commit yourself or your institute to eventually work on ILD.
However we assume that if you sign you are seriously interested, you
support the proposal, and you will try to contribute to the work within
the possibilties of funding and pending future developments.

ILD maintains an open policy for signing this document. Physicists,
technical people, etc are invited to sign. Students (undergraduate and
graduate) are invited to sign if they have contributed, or plan to
contribute.

The list of names collected will be
published in the ILD letter of intent,
under the heading of "Signatories".

You will need to supply an e-mail address in addition to your name, so
that we can contact you for confirmation. This address will be strictly
confidential, and will not be distributed in any way.

We realise that we ask you to sign up and support ILD before the Letter of
intent is finalised, or even complete. You can therefore at any time until
publication of the LOI withdraw your support, by an e-mail to

With best regards,

the ILD Joint steering board:

Ties Behnke
Dean Karlen