Dear Colleagues,
 The office of Speaker Nancy Pelosi has released a fact sheet containing a preliminary overview of the Conference Report on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
A copy of this document can be found online at:

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/recoveryactfactsheet021209.doc

As to science:

"
Transform our Economy with Science and Technology:
To secure America's role as a world leader in a competitive global economy, we are
renewing America's investments in basic research and development, in training students
for an innovation economy, and in deploying new technologies into the marketplace.
This will help businesses in every community succeed in a global economy.

*   Investing in Scientific Research (More than $15 Billion)

    o	Provides $3 billion for the National Science Foundation, for basic
      research in fundamental science and engineering - which spurs discovery
      and innovation.
    o	Provides $1.6 billion for the Department of Energy's Office of Science,
      which funds research in such areas as climate science, biofuels, high-energy
      physics, nuclear physics and fusion energy sciences - areas crucial to our
      energy future.
"

Norman Graf