Dear Colleagues,

As you know, SiD and the other LC detector concepts will be submitting a
Letter of Intent (LoI) to the ILC Research Director and the International
Detector Advisory Group (IDAG) by March 31, 2009. These LoIs will summarize the motivations for each concept, their designs, expected physics performance, and costs, and the status of the R&D needed to realize the concept.

We are writing on behalf of SiD to invite you to sign the SiD LoI. To be eligible to sign, we ask that you are interested in the SiD Concept and have contributed to it already, or intend to help further the development of SiD for the upcoming Technical Design Phase. There are of course many ways to help: e.g., by pursuing relevant detector R&D, doing engineering and technical support, finalizing and optimizing the SiD design, studying SiD's performance, benchmarking SiD's physics capability, etc.

You can sign the SiD LoI by going to the SiD website: http://silicondetector.org/ . You will be asked to provide the following information:  your name, institution, email address (which will not be made public), area(s) of interest in SiD, and  whether you are signing the LoIs of other concepts (this does not exclude you from signing SiD's).

The SiD LoI is not yet complete. SiD has been generally described in two earlier documents, the SiD Detector Outline Document and the Detector Concept Report, both of which are available on the above website, under "documents". The LoI will be posted there when it has been completed. Incidentally, the SiD LoI will be the central topic for discussion at the upcoming SiD Workshop at SLAC, March 2-4, 2009. See  http://www-sid.slac.stanford.edu/SLAC-Mar09-workshop/WorkshopMar09.asp.

For signatories who have already contributed to SiD and the SiD LoI, we thank you for your contributions and continued support. For those of you registering your interest in SiD for the first time, welcome aboard! For all signatories, we look forward to working with you on the SiD Technical Design.

For the SiD Concept Study,

Harry Weerts and John Jaros