-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michael Stonebraker
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 17:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: XLDB3 planning

I will come.

agenda -- big issues:

1) Current SciDb seems to be appropriate for astro, fusion, remote
sensing, particle physics, oceanography and much of simulation.

It will not work for bio, chem, solid modelling,

I would like to see a cleaner statement of who it will serve, and who
it won't.  We should discuss ideas on how to help others.

2) show-and-tell with Europe

Martin Kersten has a big project.  So does Natassa Ailemaki.  We
should spend a bunch of time seeing what everybody is doing, and
figuring out how to work together.

3) you sent around an e-mail a couple of months ago saying NSF wanted
to do a workshop for a couple of communities.  Can you remind me what
these were?  We should use XLDB-3 to serve that need (whatever it as).

I think 2) is the most important objective.  It is not important that
we get a lot of folks from USA to come.  We need a lot of Europe people.