Hello Sam

Just a few comments.
As you found out the example config files on the slac web page are quite
old and out dated. I will take them down and replace them with a newer
version. The configuration options changed a bit they are easier now.
Also if possible you should use the cmsd instead of the olbd,
I modified your config files and made one out of it that will work with
both your data server and redirector.

# config file for both dataserver and redirector

all.manager svr025.gla.scotgrid.ac.uk 2526
all.export /gridstore4 r/w
if svr025.gla.scotgrid.ac.uk
all.role manager
else
all.role server
fi

xrootd.fslib /root/20090202-1402/lib/libXrdOfs.so
xrootd.allow host svr025.gla.scotgrid.ac.uk

xrd.protocol xrootd *
xrd.port 2525

cms.allow host svr025.gla.scotgrid.ac.uk
cms.trace redirect

In order to start the xrootd and cms you can run:
  /root/20090202-1402/bin/xrootd -c <configfile> -l <logfile>
  /root/20090202-1402/bin/cmsd -c <configfile> -l <logfile>

If there is already a xrootd running on one of these machine you have to
use the name option (-n) for the xrootd/cmsd, e.g.:
   /root/20090202-1402/bin/xrootd -n mytest -c <configfile> -l <logfile>
   /root/20090202-1402/bin/cmsd -n mytest -c <configfile> -l <logfile>

You could also use the StartXRD, StartCMS scripts which are in the etc dir
of the xrootd release but for this you have to configure the StartXRD.cf
script.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Cheers,
   Wilko