Hi Everyone,

This week we meet at *1 PM Eastern*, Thursday, June 11, for our weekly LQS
meeting.  Dial-in is 510-665-5437, passcode 7336.

We'll take round-table reports first, followed by discussion of an
interesting preprint from the arXiv on science communication with the
general public: http://www.arxiv.org/abs/0906.1755

The paper "Astronomy and the Media: a love story?" discusses the state of
science communication with the general public and provides some ideas on how
to improve it.  Several astronomy-related areas are discussed, including
dark matter.  The focus is on astronomy, but much of the discussion is
relevant to all of physics.

The meeting agenda and the paper can be found at
http://dmtpc.mit.edu/MaKaC/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=170

Hope you can join in.

Thanks much,
--Ray