FW: [Usatlas-grid-l] SL5 migration ------ Forwarded Message
From: Michael Ernst <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 07:48:56 -0400
To: <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Rob Gardner <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [Usatlas-grid-l] SL5 migration

Dear Colleagues,
 Now that computing management of all four LHC experiments have signed off on the migration to SL(C)5 the WLCG management asks all Tier-1 and Tier-2 sites to carry out the transition as soon as possible. Following the migration of the U.S. ATLAS Tier-1 center about two weeks ago numerous validation tasks of various kinds were run by ADC central operations and have proven that the ATLAS software is in a state allowing ATLAS computing management to confirm readiness for an SL(C)5 based processing infrastructure. At our weekly computing meeting later today we will address this point in detail.

Regards,
Michael