Ciao Kerstin,

> I see in VubXlnu.cc that there is some "pi0 killing" going on when
> the kinematic variables for the soft pi- partial D* reco are
> computed (killing as in they are not computed for every pi0). This
> killing probability is a function of the soft pi0 momentum. Why is
> this done and where do the parameter (and the parametrization) of
> this function come from?

concerning this, we have introduced the killing since we use a pi0
list to do the D* partial reconstruction. We took the recipe from the
Neutral Reconstruction AWG page (for R18, of course, given that
nothing was ever updated to newer releases):
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/BFROOT/www/Physics/Analysis/AWG/Neutrals/validation/recipie18.html

All the best,

Roberto