hallo all,
we, the german ALICE-groupe, attempt to set up an xrootd-monitoring
device. I installed the latest version of xrootd and followed the
instruction on
/http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/examples/monitoring/index.html/
I used the perl-skripts and the config files  in the src-directory of
the installed directory.
Doing so, I faced some problems. Looking at the error Messages and in
the perl-code I find that the
xrdmonLoadMySQL.pl, xrdmonPrepareStats.pl etc. expect a different
database than that created by the  creator (xrdmonCreateMySQL.pl), the
created database is not complete.
I tried 4 versions (given on
/http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/download//) ... same problem.

My question: can any of you provide us with the perl-scripts and config
files of a working package of the monitoring part of xrootd?

--

gruesse,
       *  Tariq Mahmoud               Physikalisches Institut    *