Hello,

  since you are an ALICE group I guess that you should follow the
instructions in the ALICE site:

  http://alien.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/AliEn/HowToInstallXrootdNew

  For an ALICE site the monitoring comes already pre-configured as far as
you have a vobox, and you get the storage information of your site from the
central Monalisa pages.

  Am I misunderstanding anything?

Fabrizio