On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Josh Berkus <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Jacek,
>
> I'd like to make sure that the appropriate people from the open source
> and startup domains are being invited to this.  Particularly:
>
> Open Source:
>
> LucidDB
> MonetDB

Had 'em last year. (Martin Kersten)

> Hadoop

Ditto (Jeff Hammerbacher)

> Startup:
>
> Greenplum (I no longer work there)

Ditto (Luke Lonergan)

> Aster Data

I agree. And Jacek is obviously in touch with them.

> Truviso

Why? They're spinning their wheels. I'd ask a big-company CEP player ahead
of them. E.g., IBM Streams is actually used in science in a place or two.
http://www.dbms2.com/2009/05/13/ibm-system-s-infosphere-streams-processing/

> Paraccel

I'd put Vertica way ahead of them, and not just because they're a bigger
company run by more truthful people supporting bigger databases. It's also
because I think they have more business on the telemetry/instrumentation
side (e.g., intelligence community).

Come to think of it, that's a reason to put StreamBase into the CEP hopper.
And so we're up to at least three Mike Stonebraker companies ...

InfoBright

If just for the open source angle, I'd agree. (Bob Zurek is the obvious
person to contact.) And ditto VectorWise/Ingres, which is NOT the same thing
as MonetDB.

CAM