> Why? They're spinning their wheels. I'd ask a big-company CEP player
> ahead of them. E.g., IBM Streams is actually used in science in a place
> or two.
> http://www.dbms2.com/2009/05/13/ibm-system-s-infosphere-streams-processing/

I'd like to invite all of the streaming DB companies, actually.  And
even if Truviso isn't doing much commecially, that doesn't mean that
Sailesh has lost all of his experience.

> I'd put Vertica way ahead of them, and not just because they're a bigger
> company run by more truthful people supporting bigger databases. It's
> also because I think they have more business on the
> telemetry/instrumentation side (e.g., intelligence community).
>
> Come to think of it, that's a reason to put StreamBase into the CEP
> hopper. And so we're up to at least three Mike Stonebraker companies ...

I didn't mention any of the Stonebraker companies because I know they're
already on this list.

>     InfoBright
> If just for the open source angle, I'd agree. (Bob Zurek is the obvious
> person to contact.)

Actually, Bob is not an engineer, he's a marketing guy.  So we need to
make sure he sends an actual engineer.

> And ditto VectorWise/Ingres, which is NOT the same
> thing as MonetDB.

Same; Ingres has a real tendency to send marketing people to engineering
summits unless you screen the delegate.

--Josh Berkus