I am trying to implement some ganglia monitoring of
xrootd and I would like to understand a few things.

On an idle dataserver it will forward reporting data every 10 minutes
when configured with xrd.report.  Is this period fixed, or will it vary
based on activity in xrootd?

Should I expect any substantive differences between data reported by
xrd.report vs. manually polling the dataserver every 10 minutes using
the query command to xrd?

I was experimenting with xrd and discovered one bug. The xrd command is
limited to retrieving 1K of data from a single query.  The output of
"xrd dataserver query 1 p" is over 2K when the dataserver defines 9
oss.cache groups (8 space tokens + public).

Regards,
Patrick