Hi Wei,

Yes, for #2 I meant ratio of core to disk. It will be difficult to know if 12 cores would be throttled by 4 disk RAID without having some kind of test stand I would think though. I'll try the atlint01 test sometime this coming week.

-Bart

Yang, Wei wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Hi Bart,

thanks for the interesting slides. Comments regarding conclusion 2 and 3

In 2, I guess you really meant the ratio of core/disk? The boers have 4/1. With westmere , we have options of 12/4 (Dell r710) or 12/6,7,10 (Dell r510).

For 3, you can test on atlint01. It has 8 core (slightly faster cores). Its /scratch consists of 3x 140GB disks, raid-0 (stripe) which should be able to give roughly 3 times the performance of the single disk in boers.

regards,
Wei Yang  |  [log in to unmask]  |  650-926-3338(O)