Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that the next Workshop for the SiD Design
study will be hosted
by the University of Oregon in Eugene, OR November 15-17, 2010.

The workshop will focus on progress towards preparing the SiD Detailed
Baseline Design (DBD)
for ILC for the end of 2012, and contributions to the CLIC Conceptual
Design Report (CDR) to be
completed by April 2011. In particular, the status of both directions
will be presented and discussed.

All SiD colleagues, and especially potential new colleagues, are
strongly encouraged to attend
and contribute ideas, and participate in the evolution of the SiD DBD
due in late 2012.

Please refer to the following for information regarding the Workshop:

  http://physics.uoregon.edu/~lc/SiD/Oregon_2010/
<http://physics.uoregon.edu/%7Elc/SiD/Oregon_2010/>

and to:

  http://physics.uoregon.edu/~lc/SiD/Oregon_2010/accomm.html
<http://physics.uoregon.edu/%7Elc/SiD/Oregon_2010/accomm.html>

for information on accommodation. PLEASE NOTE that the deadline for
reservations is
OCTOBER 31, 2010.

The registration fee will include lunches, breaks, and a collaboration
dinner.

Registration details and a draft agenda will be released shortly.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Workshop!

Jim Brau, John Jaros, Harry Weerts and Andy White
for the SiD Detector Concept

(Apologies if you receive more than one copy of this announcement!)