I have a question regarding an extention of the security model of xrootd in general. When a socket (session) is established there is an authentication handshake on the socket. Afterwards however it seems to me that there is no security mechanism at all (against spoofing etc.) ...

Did you forsee anything to make the protocol itself 'secure' ? E.g using something like a nonce with symmetric encryption/hashing of requersts? Or would this require a drastic change on protocol level? I think it is not so much needed for the data packets, but atleast the dramatic ones like kXR_rm etc .....

Cheers Andreas.