This is now fixed in git (no message was posted as there was a configuration problem that has been since resolved).
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andreas-Joachim Peters
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 6:19 AM
  Subject: SEGV in XrdSecsss

  Hi,

  I get SEGVs using XrdSecsss with the origin in the Deletion function:

  char          *XrdSecProtocolsss::staticID   = 0;

  void XrdSecProtocolsss::Delete() {
   if (staticID)            free(staticID);

  }

  My understanding of the problem is the following:
  the staticID (for the client) is once set in the protocol initialization function, then it get's deleted after the first sss handshake.

  Whenever there is a second hanshake within the same application it SEGVs in the Delete function.
  So, I would just remove the free of the static member ?!?!?

  Cheers Andreas.