Hi Lukasz,

>> For a fairly straight forward project like xrootd I
>> would move the build system to cmake, or keep the by now fine tuned gmake
>> file build system.
>
>     That was one of the ideas that I wanted to discuss with Andy at
> some point. Anyways, for now I still want to have the autotools
> working because the classical build does not seem to support parallel
> builds and doesn't work at all with coverity.

Yep the current gmake based system does use bad bad recursive make instead
of a single makefile that supports parallel make. This needs indeed fixing,
so either rewrite using a single makefile (a la ROOT) or use cmake.

Cheers, Fons.

--
Org:    CERN, European Laboratory for Particle Physics.
Mail:   1211 Geneve 23, Switzerland