Hi Alden,

   the autotools build should be fixed now in git head. You can
download a snapshot from here (for some reason the repository visible
via http is not synced with the one on the afs...):

   http://cern.ch/ljanyst/xrootd/xrootd-autotools.tar.gz

   I have tested it to work on: Debian Squeeze, SLC5, MacOS X 10.6.4
and SunOS 5.10 sparc. Could you check if it works for you?

Cheers,
   Lukasz